Everyone is welcome to become a member of St. George Antiochian Orthodox Church, whether you are an Orthodox Christian or not. To do so has only 3 steps: E3!
- Educate: Find a class that’s right for you and simply show up!
- Enrich: Join us for Worship!
- Empower: Give back through tithing and ministries!
If you are not an Orthodox Christian, but would like to become one, here are the steps:
- Embrace the power of E3.
- Attend Orthodoxy 101 & 102.
- Read the recommended texts from list below.
- Contact the office to schedule an appointment with someone in the pastoral staff.
- Review the Baptism and Chrismation requirements below.
- Hopko, Thomas. The Orthodox Faith. Crestwood, NY: St. Vladimir’s Seminary, 2016. 4 volumes.
- Schmemann, Alexander. For the Life of the World: Sacraments and Orthodoxy. Crestwood, NY: St. Vladimir’s Seminary, 1973.
- Schmemann, Alexander. Great Lent. Crestwood, NY: St. Vladimir’s Seminary, 1974.
- Tarazi, Paul N. The Chrysostom Bible. Genesis: A Commentary. Minneapolis, MN: OCABS Press, 2009.
- Ware, Kallistos. The Orthodox Way. Crestwood, NY: St. Vladimir’s Seminary, 1995.
- Ware, Timothy. The Orthodox Church. London, England: Penguin, 1993.
Baptism and Chrismation Requirements
- Attend Orthros and Divine Liturgy on Sundays
- Attend Lenten services
- Lifetime confession
- Participation in social and service ministries
- Complete and return tithing card
- Visit another Orthodox Church
- Find Godparents (Godparents should be Orthodox Christians)
- Complete all necessary forms (Personal Information, Patron Saint, Prayer Rule)