Christ calls us to be stewards of God’s creation. Stewardship defines every part of our life and who we are as individuals by actively committing to stewardship as a way of life. The essential component of this way of life is thanksgiving. It is recognizing that everything comes from God and our natural response is gratitude. Financial stewardship, or tithing to the church, is one method of expressing gratitude to God and challenges us to be crucifixional in our material desires to serve God. Tithing gives us the opportunity to be a part of something great, show our love for the church an ensure she continues to thrive.
What is the appropriate amount to contribute to the Church?
What does my contribution do?
- Charitable giving
- Operation of church (staff, facilities, grounds, etc.)
- Archdiocese assessment
- Programs that facilitate the expansion of Warrior Saint message to help others unlock their inner greatness
What does it mean to be a member in good standing?
- Make an annual pledge to St. George
- Contribute to and fulfill the pledge
- Satisfy annual Archdiocese Dues of $75 per baptized soul
Benefits of being a member in good standing
As a member in good standing you will be eligible to vote at the St. George Annual Parish meeting and have the opportunity to take advantage of a discount at The Legacy Ballroom. To inquire about pricing call (480) 382-3829 or email Lyndsay at email@example.com.
How do I Pledge?
To fill out a Pledge card, you can visit the Stewardship kiosk in the narthex of the church or visit the Stewardship table in the ballroom during Coffee Hour after Sunday liturgy. Complete the form and deliver it to one of the Stewardship committee team members attending the Stewardship table during Coffee Hour.
If you prefer to complete your Pledge online, visit https://www.stgeorgeaz.org/2019-commitment-card/.
How can I Tithe and make my contribution?
- PushPay – just follow these simple to receive the PushPay application on your Smart Phone.
- Text “Dragon” to 77977 and follow the prompts to set up your PushPay account.
- Once the account is set up you will be able to choose the type of giving you want to make from a drop-down menu.
- For your Stewardship giving you will use the “Archdiocese Dues 2019” to pay your dues and “Tithe 2019” to honor your 2019 Commitment
- Check – Please complete the check payable to St George and ensure your name is noted on the check. If the check is for your Archdiocese dues then note that on the note line on the check
- Cash – Please insert cash into an envelope that has your name written on the envelope. Giving envelopes are provided in the church narthex at the Stewardship kiosk. Note on the envelope if the cash is for the Archdiocese due or Tithe
- Credit Card – Complete the information requested on the Pledge card to include your credit card number, expiration and CCV and we will set this up for automatic payments through PushPay
How can I include St. George in my estate plan?
Can I contribute to St. George in other ways?
Bill Fender • firstname.lastname@example.org • (937) 232-9594